Saturday 9 July 2011

Who will confide in?

Who's the first person you'd confide to when you need a listening ear?
Your best friend?
Your mum?
Your dad?
Your partner?
Your pet?
Just bottle it up?

I'd choose a combination between my best friend, mum and partner. Everyone gets different information from the different parts of my life. But I can also tell my problems to all three! A wise lecturer once mentioned that for every decision you make in your life. It's best to seek four opinions. Your own, two persons whom you are close to and the last one maybe a normal friend.

What about you? Who will you choose to confide to? and why??

6 comments:

  1. I will cofide to the same group of people.. My mum, a close buddy and my partner.. Mum bec she is the one who brought me up so she knows my character the best.. Best friend and partner are around the same age group so they will provide opinions best suited to my interest..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its normal for us to want to talk to people who will agree with us and are supportive NO MATTER WHAT.

    So if I just want someone to listen to me, I go for someone who is a good listener, who understands and who empathises.

    But if I want advice, I agree with the 4 opinions theory. Sometimes seeking the advice of someone not so involved with your issue gives you perspective. And since balance is the key to life, sometimes you do need people from both sides who will agree and disagree - just so you can test if what you're going for is what you really want even with that fresh/different perspective given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confiding is some form of destress. When u confide to someone, either they solve your problems or just be a listening ear. I always confide to my close friends, if the issue is serious, i will confide to my mother. I dont really like to go around and ask for more opinions which me even more confuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all your comments. And it's saddening if you have no one to confide to. Imagine having no listening ear, no one who understands you or no one who can advice you. Is life still worth living for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. God and partner :) Actually it depends on the nature of the problem. Sometimes, confiding to a close friend whom have been through similar situation will be more effective in helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. partner, friends and parents...

    ReplyDelete